Saturday, September 25, 2010

The toxic nature of teenage relationships...

Last night, I found myself sitting on the kitchen floor in my pajamas, listening to Man Ray by the Futureheads while I waited for the french-fries I'd just put into the oven to finish cooking, contemplating making a batch of chocolate frosting even though I didn't have the energy to make a cake to put it on, and wondering where the brownies I'd bought earlier that day had ran off to.


For some reason that put me in a poetic mood. 


When a friend posted on facebook about some relationship issues, mainly how everyone hurts him, this was what I had to say:


"People walk in and out of our lives every day. Some go through like wrecking balls, some go through like ghosts... and some never leave. Chuck Palahniuk said "your heart is my pinata" and maybe you just keep picking girls who could have that as tag lines. But not every girl is like that, I promise. We have to slog through the bad to get to the good. Even the blood and guts is worth it in the end."


This is a guy who I asked out via comic correspondence, where I'd draw a page of a comic and pass it to him and he'd add a page... and I got turned down, because he was trying to "work it out" with a previous incarnation of the heartache that plagued him. 


Over all, that makes me sad. I'd have been a good girlfriend if I was given the chance... but instead I got a "no" drawn into a set of six comic frames. That ended with "it's a long story". 


Apparently it's not. 


Teenage relationships are so... virulent. 


XO
Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment