Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some things never die...

I live in this weird sub-universe where the 80's a la Madonna never went out of style. In fact, they made friends with 70's London Punk and 90's Seattle Grunge and spawned the outfit I'm wearing today. And I'm okay with that. On what other planet could I layer lace with a Warped Tour/The Pretty Reckless concert tee, skinny jeans, Doc Martens and my favorite blue plaid flannel? 


All while listening to Florence & The Machine?


I'm really hooked on the Drumming Song right now, but I think that's because it is - after Kiss With A Fist, Howl and I'm Not Calling You A Liar - one of the easiest songs for me to sing while getting dressed. 


Work today then perhaps a visit to my former high school to see a certain English teacher. 


Not sure, so no promises. 


Anyways, I've got work. This sub-universe has to support commerce some how.


XO Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment