Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome To Paradise

6,858,007,393

That's supposedly how many people are on this planet as of 3:20 PM on July 24th, 2010. That's a Hell of a lot of people. 309,817,337 of those people are living in the United States. 3,865,456 are living in the state of Oregon, where I currently reside, and of those approximately 25,000 of those people live in my tiny, tiny town. 

With those statistics, it's hard to imagine any one person making any particular impact, isn't it? 


So far, my impact on the Valley I live in has been a few pissed off teenagers, four installations at school art shows, and a mural on the side of my former high school. 

But how did I end up here? 

What makes me think I'm interesting enough to warrant a blog? 

Well, as to how I ended up in a town that I've never really liked for the past four years, that's my mothers fault. After she and my father split, she and I hit the road to move to live closer to her brother and his partner. While I wanted to stay with my mother (and the trip was quite comical and gave me enough stories to keep me in therapy for years...) the move meant leaving behind my home town of Seattle, Washington. Being a city girl, moving from a population of 563,374 to a population of less than 25,000 was a bit of a culture shock. 

And as to what makes me think I'm interesting enough to warrant a blog... well, I don't think I'm interesting enough to warrant a blog. 

I just happen to have a lot to say.

Happy reading my dear ones. 

XO

Freak


PS
Like my painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment