Monday, July 26, 2010

There's a storm brewing outside my window...




The view outside my living room window this afternoon had a sickly yellow glow to it, because of the approaching storm. 


****


****

Storms scare me. Thunder and lightning and wind and rain... it makes me nervous.
It always has, simply because that's the kind of person I am. 
I'm jumpy.
The storm never hit, though, just sat brooding on the horizon until it got too dark for us to see it anymore, and I stopped worrying. I have too many other things to do today.
I'm getting my car fixed...
$1,313.17 that I don't have to spend, so had to go to my mother and father.
Which of course caused conflict because that's how my life always is when I have to conference my mother and father into the same situation.

But other than that, my day was fine. 
AND I get my Volvo fixed.
Repairs include:
Fixing the drivers seat...
Replacing the battery...
Fixing the fuse that made the clock constantly drain the battery...
Rear brake pads need replacing...
As does the fuel filter...
The rear suspension and shock absorbers, yeah, those too...
And the catalytic converter (whatever that is) also needs replacing.

These are probably problematic because my Volvo is a 1988 wagon.
And a funny champagne/butter cream color.
(see below)





I'm currently saving up to paint her, but I'm not sure what color.
My mother suggested pale green.
What do you think?

Anyways,
I'm off. Must plan my summer vacation.
Because last minute summer vacations are the BEST.
This years involves going to Seattle with a stop in Portland,
Then going to the Island my grandmother lives on.
Then going back to Seattle.
Then back to Portland for WARPED TOUR.
Then back home.

Did I mention Warped Tour?

I'm excited. 

But I'll leave that for another post.

XO
FREAK

PS.
I'm still obsessing over the final episode of Doctor Who.
Anyone else?
Or is that just a me thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment