Sunday, July 25, 2010

in the words of the Dalek's...

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!






Last night I was faced with taking a spray-can of hornet killer to the door of my Volvo, in hopes of exterminating the inhabitants of the nest that was growing there. I faced down this enemy with my mother, since I may or may not be allergic to the little beasties and wasn't keen on figuring it out. 


Thankfully, no one was stung, but the bugs are - at last check - dead or writhing in pain and suffering. I really ought to check that out before we leave this morning, since I have to summon my beau to jump the car so I can take to to get the alternator fixed...


Janis is an old car, you really need to forgive her these failings. She's a tank when she's running though. She just so happens to be older than me. By about four years. 


This morning though is set to involve some bug-free fun with ma maman, including brunch and me taking her to a bead shop she's been asking about. 


Then after shopping I have my lovely boyfriend coming over so that we can get Janis running in time to go up to Seattle to visit my father, my grandmother, perhaps my cousins, and hopefully the closest thing I've ever had to a sister. 


For now, I'm off. Must make myself presentable for the general population and go off on an adventure with my mother. 


XO


Freak


PS. Did you watch the season finale of Doctor Who last night? I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment